8.31.2006

overdued Bangkok trip!

Hmmm I have disappeared for a month or so?
Hahaha and here I am with a super long post!


Last week I went to Bangkok with Terence, we were flying Air Asia. Unfortunately, the flight was delayed for an hour, and that caused us to reach Don Muang Airport at 1am plus!


To make things worse, we were supposed to take a shuttle bus from the airplane to some terminal (either 1 or 2) and when we reached the building, some idiot couldn’t just wait a few more seconds. He lighted his cigarette in the bus!


Oh my goodness.


Do you know that area is strictly no smoking as there are still planes nearby?
Do you know that it is gawd damn explosive there?
What the hell! I kept saying that some idiot couldn’t wait is it?
I kept calling him idiot.


Apparently that joker didn’t know English cos I didn’t see him turn to me. Instead a few guys behind me heard what I was cursing and swearing so they looked at me instead. -*-


I wish him rotten in hell.


Anyway back to the airport.


When we reached there, we went down to buy a SIM card and some snacks to fill our stomaches. I called the hotel to let them know that our flight was delayed. Guess what, we were given a single room instead of double room requested one or two months ago. -*-


Some suggestions for those who want to go to Bangkok. Please don’t take a cab from the counter just outside the building. You will be charged extra 50 THB
and you might also get cheated by the cab. (Yes, they cheat by making the meter ticking damn fast.)


An alternative way is that when you come out of the building, you turn right, and keep walking straight till you reach the main road. You will see a long queue of cabs waiting for you, and the best thing is that they don’t charge additional 50 THB.


There was once I asked one cabby who apparently just sent some passengers at the international flight building and was on his way off the airport. Guess what (again), the uncle said I had to pay him extra 50 THB. WTF! I didn’t even book him from the counter and why must I have to pay the damn 50 THB?


After I walked away from that damn cab till I reached the main road, I flagged this cab. The driver was uber nice.


And he sent me home with me 130 THB lighter than the moment I boarded the cab. The best thing was that there was no traffic jam, the cabby didn’t take any toll way, and I reached home within 20 minutes! Yay!


Ok, that was quite out of the topic but never mind me. We reached Bangkok City Suite within half an hour with the cab fare of 160 THB, as I had expected. The hotel was quite new, though tad small, I and he were ok with everything.


After all it was 700 THB a night for a double room. We stayed there for 7 nights so it was 4900 THB in total. (Around 200 SGD, or 100 SGD per person for 7 nights, cheap deal huh :P )


I love the room. I didn’t expect much with 700 THB a night but they gave us a bath tub! And even Channel News Asia! I love that!


In summary, the hotel’s service is the best and food is the worst. You know, last year we stayed in New World Lodge and if we left our room too late (like 11am or noon) the chambermaid wouldn’t be bothered to pack the room for us, which is different from Bangkok City Suite. There was once we left the room around noon, and when we came back after midnight, the room was nicely packed!


Foodwise, either “fan” or “mian”. -_-“ It was quite pathetic so some of the days we had breakfast outside and I will talk about this later.


The first day was July 28 and we went to Siam Square! Man it was too early to be there. -_-“ We caught a bus from a bus stop near the hotel and paid 24 THB for 2 persons. It was the cheapest though. And guess what, we saw this!





Pardon me for those cables. I couldn’t help it. And this is how it looks like.





Quite familiar huh? :P


After that we walked around the area. Went into Giordano too. There was this bag which looks exactly the same as the GAP bag which I wanted! Damn, if only it were GAP, not Giordano. :P


We walked and walked and walked until we found this fella!





Ain’t he cute? LOL


Another thing that I would proudly like to present.





Rotiboy!


Last year, I think, it was one of the biggest hit in town. Looked like they were trying to hit all markets at the same time. :P Ya know, queueing up and such. Some of my friends said it could have been their marketing strategy. By using their own staffs to queue up. Just like that. Creating a hype. -_-"


Haha I guess we can’t find it anymore here, right? But this is a proof that I had taken this photo in Bangkok!





See??


Okie, after that we went to Siam Discovery Centre. But nothing much. Oh ya there were some sales going on. Levi’s had promotions again. What else?


Esprit? The price there was like twice of the price here! Oh gosh -_-“


Actually I have got a very good deal there. Monthly contact lens for half a year supply going for less than $40! And the brand is Bausch & Lomb ! (Or whatever that is. I don’t know how to spell that.)


Then I brought Terence to Platinum Mall. A must-go for whoever needs cheap deals!!!!!!!! And this is a heaven for GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!! Clothes there are ridiculous cheap, I tell you.


I immediately burnt a few thousands baht away you know. :P And Terence had got his treats too. And I will be putting the photos below to sabo him. Heheez.







Don't ask me why a pink face.
I love pink.


We had our dinner at the food court there. I forgot to take photos but anyway, it’s also freaking cheap! Terence had some crape and I had this kuay teow tom yam soup.

Yummy ~


The next day, which was July 29, we headed to Jatujak Weekend Market. We reached there quite early so not many stalls had opened yet. -_-“ We needed to find these lamps for my friends.
Photos below:





And finally we found them! At a very interesting price and I am not going to tell you guys. In case JK is reading my blog, and I don’t think so.


After that we went to Central Lad Prao, a departmental store. It is something like Takashimaya where there are departmental stores and also rented shops like those Esprit, Adidas, McDonald.


THERE WAS SOME SALES GOING ON AGAIN!
(This I must thank Cake :P)


I forgot how much Terence had swiped his card. -__-“ But all I know was that he only swiped for his Adidas stuffs. Shirts there were like, 20 bucks.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can’t even get half an Adidas shirt here in Singapore with that price.


After which we went to watch Pirates of the Caribbean. Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom were hot!!! And Keira (what’s her surname?) was even hotter.. Haha.. In fact it was someone from this forum that told me about it.


I’m not gonna spoil it though. :P But definitely worth your money :)


On July 30 we went to another branch of Central, Pin Klao. That day was the last day of their sales, so Terence grabbed again. -_-“


Today we watched The Break-Up It was damn damn damn damn good I tell you! I kept weeping almost at the end of the show.


Vince Vaughn is a definitely MCP. (At least for me) And I truly understood how Jennifer Aniston must have thought.


And one more thing, there is one of the best pasamalam there :) Best deals are there, apart from Platinum Mall. We didn’t buy anything from there yet as we planned to go back again.


Next day, we went back to Platinum Mall to collect Terence’s jeans. And I had my nails painted! Tell you what, this was a computerized painting! How cool is that ^^





Sorry for the blur photo. I didn’t know how to take a macro shot. And yes, I know my fingers ain’t that nice neither.


In fact one of my seniors once told me: “You know, those who have been playing piano since young, naturally they would have long and lean and nice fingers.”
I said: “How about me? I played it since I was not even 5 years old!”
She said: “Erm. For yours it might be a rare case.”
I said: “Duh. Thanks anyway.”


I bought a set of hair rolls just for this effect.





And I got to suffer the whole night. Cos I needed to sleep with all of them on my hair. -_-“


And yeah, I couldn’t sleep properly that night. Just to do this: hair rebonding.


Oh mi gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s freaking cheap I tell you!! $30 bucks for a hair rebonding!! In fact we saw another salon offer at $20 also. But Terence thought it was too quiet, so we went to another one. At Victory Monument :)


Talking about VM, there are best boat noodle stalls! And I wanna eat some more!!


And there, we watched Miami Vice. Worst show that I’ve ever seen. Duh.


Plotless.
Uncoolness.


The only thing that was cool was that, Colin Farrell was spotted using Nokia 6170!! Which is the same as Aniston in The Break-Up!! And that is the phone I’m using now!!





We found this dog. His name is Visa. He was supposed to know how to read. But Terence was clever. :P He was asked to write some cities in Chinese. Instead of Beijing as requested, I think he wrote Tokyo or Taipei. And the dog, well I guess, knew which one he was supposed to pick. Not that he knew how to read though. LOL.


And here is the said dog.
Cute, right?





The second last day (August 2) we met up with my sec school friends. Cake. Mod. Prae. Thay all were there!
Yay!


We had MK the steamboat, aka sukiyaki. After that we went to “Mont” for desserts. It was superb I tell you. Nice food, nice company. :)


Total damages for the whole trip for two: >$1000


T_________________________________T


<thought: project. database. argh.>

No comments: