4.04.2007

Do not be fooled by vulnerable looking ah ma!

I believe everybody is being brought up by this motto: Be kind to elders. This includes giving up your seat, be it bus or train, to them.

I would love to, actually. Having an 81-year-old grandma myself leads me to think that way. But it would be a totally different case if that grandma/grandpa is able to snatch seats from other people.

Most of them look vulnerable, yes. But when it comes to kiasu-ness, they win one hand down. For example, when a train is approaching, they will wait nicely by the side, not in the middle of the exit. However once they get into the train, their radar would be working to search for any empty seat. If any, they would practically push almost everybody just to get to sit.

Some are worse. They purposely (or not?) stand in front of young teenagers, like me and my baby, and carefully throw a shameful glance at us. Although some don’t. In this case we will see how she looks like. If she dresses normally, in our views, we will definitely give up our seats for her. But if she dresses very nice, carries a designer handbag then we will give it a miss. If she can afford such a bag she could probably afford a cab ride too. I sound quite shallow, don’t I? LOL as if I care.

I’m not sure if I complain about this previously or not. But there was once I was sitting in a train and there was this grandma standing in front of me. I immediately stood up for her. What pissed me was that the guy who sat right next to me was turning his eyes blind. Never mind if he slept, I would complain less.

However he was just playing some stupid games using his laptop. HAHAHA. Want to act rich? I’ve got a laptop too! I don’t mind people playing games on PSP in the bus or train, or people doing their work on their lappy. But this is too much, isn’t it? He was acting smart, playing some games. The way he looked was like >,<. If I were standing and nobody gave up a seat for the old lady, I would surely turn into a sassy girl, yeah, my sassy girl. I just can’t stand it.

-_-"

No comments: