3.20.2007

What a Jerk

Some people who are supposed to be polite, are rude.

I don't think nobody can beat this guy (D for Despo, Desxxxx) from the recruitment company RxxxxxxExxxxxx.

1. He gave me this job from the time share company. Of course Terence went mad. Anyway I did not turn up for the interview. I know I was wrong, and I already apologized in the email sent to D.

2. He called me yet again, though I thought they had already blacklisted me. LOL. The conversation went on like this:

D: Actually I have another job offer for you, but I don't know wheter I should give it to you or not.
K: What is it?
D: Later you don't turn up for the interview again, then how?
K: So what is it?
D: It is about data management.
K: For which company?
D: Propery firm. Do you know the "Big 4"?
K: Erm, afraid not.
D: Yeah, they are one of the "Big 4".
K: Like, Far East Organization?
D: No no no no, not like that.
K: (Thinking - Then what the f is it?)
D: Well, are you going to turn up for the interview?
K: Can you tell me more about the job scopes?
D: Already told you, data management.
K: Data management? Hmm, in the property development firm right?
D: Yes, one of the "Big 4".
K: Ok.
D: You must make sure that you turn up for the interview if you have been shortlisted, ok?
K: Ok, I promise.
D: I don't want it to be like last time. Not happy, no turn up.
K: Erm, D. Let me get something straight. I am not comfortable working for a time share company or the MLM. The rest I'm fine.
D: Look, that is not a time sharing company. If you have doubt, why didn't you call me when I told you I'm gonna send the email?
K: D, I was out the whole day and I had no access to the internet at all.
D: Then you should have asked me when I told you you were shortlisted, right?
K: Alright. Anyway I got a hard time explaining to my mom about the company.
D: Aiyo, then you should have asked her to speak to me. I can explain everything to her.
K: Erm, she is currently in the States.
D: States? It's ok. She can call me.
K: Hey, I think that one was passed already. Now I want to know more about this position.
D: Huh? I didn't do anything. It was you that let the interview passed. Furthermore I have already told you so many times that this is a data management position.
K: In a property development firm.
D: Yes, one of the "Big 4". Or why not we make it this way? You call your mom first, ask her if it is ok to go for the interview for the position in one of the "Big 4" or not. Then you let me know again, ok?
K: Let me tell you, I am interested in the position, please apply for me. If I'm selected for the interview, please let me know as well. Thank you.



3. Never mind, I went for the interview. Details shall not be shown here.

4. He called me just now. Believe me, this is one of a few times that I felt angry till shaking.

D: Hey, are you still interested in the post that you went for the interview last week?
K: Erm, yeah? How about the pay?
D: Oh, you have asked for $2500 but they think you are a fresh grad and have no work experience, they are going to offer you $2200 instead.
K: Uh huh.
D: You see, you don't think that your friends who work in an engineering company can get $2500. You have to see the type of business also. Don't ever think that these people leave office at 6 p.m. Sometimes they need to do OT until 12 midnight you will never know, ok.
K: Erm..
D: Another lady, 30 years old, 2 years of customer service and admin work experience, and also a Singapore PR has requested for $2700. You see, cannot compare already because she has work experience and also a PR. Do you know why companies prefer Singapore PR or Singaporean? Because these people can start work immediately. Hey but I'm not saying that you are wrong ok?
K: Erm..
D: Sorry ah, but this is the fact and they can only pay you $2200 because you have no work experience and not a Singaporean PR.
K: Erm.. (Finally I got to say something) But this is a contract job, right?
D: Yes. It is 1-year contract.
K: Non renewable?
D: Depend on your performance lor. If you are lousy, always late, always take MC, of course they don't want. But this one I cannot say. It depends on the company.
K: Alright. How long is the probation period?
D: 3 months or 6 months. Nowadays every company implements probation period for new employees which I think it's not uncommon, what. Another thing is that after your probation, your pay is still the same, there will be no adjustment at all.
K: Huh? Ok. From what I know usually after probation period there should be some increments in the salary, shouldn't it?
D: No no no no. You have to believe me. I'm a recruitment consultant right? From what I know, companies don't really adjust the salary package after the probation period.
K: Hey, that's why I said "Usually", right?
D: NO. You have to listen to me. From what I know they don't adjust the pay, ok.
K: Erm.. Ok.
D: When can you decide whether you want this job or not? Because there is another candidate waiting. You know, like first choice, second choice.
K: Is it ok that I let you know by this week?
D: Can you give me a specific date?
K: Hmm this friday then.
D: Aiyo so late ah?
K: Then thursday?
D: Cannot. You have to let me know by tomorrow evening whether or not you want to take this job.
K: Ok, I will call you before tomorrow afternoon. Thank you. Bye.



WHICH PART WAS I BEING RUDE? Oh my goodness. I really feel like telling the whole world this guy's and company's names! He is the rudest person that I have ever met!

Why does he always like to pick my mom?
Why does he always like to bear grudges?
Why does he always like to act smart?

Oh I know why. It is because he is very smart indeed. This Despo has a B.Eng. alright? He is very smart! A B.Eng. working in a recruitment firm! Very smart!

Terence said that usually those who are real good will not display their academic status on the namecard. Of course, unless it is B.Sc. (MIT) or B.Eng. (Harvard) or LLB (Oxford).

Laugh my ass out.

No comments: